The text mode allows you to copy or type a text into the text field above and, by highlighting individual words or word strings with the mouse, send a query to the dictionary. The text mode thus offers an easy way to look up words from a document without having to type them individually into the search field. - The text mode offers no machine translation.
Further details on search results:
- Copy or type a text into the text field.
- Check the 'search direction' above the text field.
- Highlight one or several words with the mouse.
- If you highlight an individual word the dictionary results will include translations for the word and all possible base forms. Words in texts are usually inflected, but the dictionary will generally only contain an entry for the base form of a word.
- If you highlight a string of words, the results in the dictionary will only include entries that contain at least half of the search words - therefore, it makes little sense to highlight a whole text. A search for an inflected word generally also returns results for other forms of the same base form (e.g. a search for "machst" also returns results for "machte").